Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Scrap Quilt--WIP--Block 36

Block #36, 10" Square
© 2009 Fannie Narte


Block No. 36 out of 45 for my Christmas Scrap Quilt.

Digital Quilt, Block 36, Quote by Deepak Chopra
© 2009 Fannie Narte


Deepak Chopra wrote a book titled "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, a practical guide to the fulfillment of your dreams." It was given to me by a good friend and yoga exercise partner a few years back. Since that time, I've read and reread it many times because it honors ideas that are important to me, and it provides inspiration and perspective to living a more gracious, generous and grateful life.

One of the chapters in the book is titled "The Law of Giving." Chopra suggests that "The best way to put the Law of Giving into operation--to start the whole process of circulation--is to make a decision that any time you come into contact with anyone, you will give them something. It doesn't have to be in the form of materials things; it could be a flower, a compliment, or a prayer."

This idea matches the teachings I received from my parents and my young adult mentors, and it has been a key factor in my daily decisions. I think the most powerful form of giving is in silent giving, silently sending good thoughts and good wishes of joy, happiness and love.

Digital Quilt made from Block 36.
© 2009 Fannie Narte

"What you give increases and returns to you in abundance."
~Fannie Narte~

Sending you silent gifts . . .

2 comments:

marianne said...

Wonderful post Fannie
I have the book too and have read it several times also, it is one of my favorites!
And I never go to someone without giving something, that's something I learned from the book and do ever since.
Thanks for reminding me of this inspirational book Fannie!
Your art goes wonderful with it!
You have the gift of giving....

Have a nice day!

Jacq said...

Wonderful thoughts. It looks like you are getting close to finishing up your blocks. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.