Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In My Garden, Mixed Media, 8x8

In My Garden, Mixed Media, 8x8
© 2009 Fannie Narte

I enjoy walking and working in my garden where winged friends are welcome. Bees, dragonflies and butterflies slurp the honey from the flowers and chat with one another on the tall, lush, emerald bushes which were planted just for them. Birds fly overhead and some converge on the brick wall to sing and supervise the dancing among the creatures and flowers.

My garden is a space that offers rejuvenation of the spirit and rest from the busy-ness of the world. My journal and sketchbook are companions that offer safe places for the freedom of expression, and I choose what to share and what to keep locked in my heart.

In the silence of my garden, I can hear the songs of my heart. Those songs are there for me. They wait to be recognized so they can leap onto my page or onto my canvas and become the inspiration for others to grow in courage, to believe in their songs, to find their music . . .

"In the garden, I am the student, and nature is my teacher."

I'm grateful for my garden . . .

4 comments:

Fotf said...

Lovely words and a lovely peice Fannie :)

marianne said...

Very beautiful and also together with the Quote.
So is the lady with the violet eyes!

Have a nice day Fannie!

Vicki Holdwick said...

This one is really special, Fannie!

xoxo

TextileTraveler said...

Stunning work as always, Fannie. I think you've really found your artistic voice.