Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fabric Paper

Splatter, drip, brush, swirl!


Glue mixture . . . ready. Paint brushes--check . . . blue, white, purple and magenta paints--check . . . tissue paper--check . . . muslin--check . . . dried rose petals--check . . .

Yesterday, I was a woman on a mission.

My goal: To replenish my fabric paper stash.

My plan: Imagine, Be Messy and Just Play.

Every space of my studio floor was covered with plastic sheets of freshly painted drying fabric paper. Jackson Pollock would have been proud of my work table, a sloppy imitation of his famous works. My hands, face, hair and fingernails bore the evidence of my mission. My muslin stash was used up . . . all gone . . . zilch . . . kaput!

My studio was a mess but my heart was dancing. Oh, to be art-crazed among a sea of bright colors with dreams of collages, journal pages, purses, and hopes of a future of happy creating. Ahhhh, it feels good to be messy, doesn't it? After all, it's the best part of magic making.

These two fabric papers, a part of a large supply, were inspired by the following pieces of commercial fabric.

My Inspiration



Yes, I like purple. All shades of purple . . . and blues . . . and greens . . . and browns . . . and . . .

I'm blessed in so many ways.

Guess what? It's 40 percent off coupon week at Hobby Lobby beginning tomorrow. My empty muslin bin will be replenished at a savings.

See, I told you I'm blessed in so many ways.

Thanks for letting me sing my goofy songs. I hope some of you were dancing with me. Hah!

We are blessed, aren't we?

Click HERE for my fabric paper tutorial.

Click HERE to see my fabric paper Squidoo Lens.


Make messes and magic . . . I dare you . . .

6 comments:

Janet said...

You had a fun day!! Love the pieces you did....all my favorite colors.

Kelly said...

Very cool, Fannie! I loved the tute! I'm going to have to try that. :-)

Fannie said...

Hi, Janet. Yes, I did have a fun day. It would have been more fun if you were here! ;-D

Thanks, Kelly. I hope you get messy and make lots of magic.

Anonymous said...

What a really fun project. Loved your color combinations. Looks forward to trying this method of fabric paper.

Kat
www.desertstarstudio.com

Vicki W said...

That sounds like a grand time!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous. I like yours so much better than the pieces you used as inspiration. What a wonderful productive, messy time you must have had.