Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More Fabric Paper

This is a digital image made with the use of two different softwares and using images of my purple fabric paper from a previous post and one of the green fabric papers posted here.

More fabric papers.


Today's quote is from a book by Jeanne Carbonetti titled "The Zen of Creative Painting." This book teaches the artist how to work from the heart. By looking within blending body, mind and spirit, Jeanne says that "whatever our medium and ultimate goal may be, we can grow in vision or in power." She states that when we work from our hearts, "our work is holy and an expression of the true self. It is the realm of the Muse." (p 12)

I admire artists who have "found" their unique style and are able to produce artworks with confidence. That must feel freeing. One of my struggles is to silence the noises of doubt and indecisions.

Taking workshops, online classes, reading magazines and books and trying out new techniques are so much fun--seeking new lands. After harvesting all of the information and playing and practicing and evolving, I hope to surface and see with new eyes . . . soon . . . maybe tomorrow . . . now! Okay, patience is another one of my struggles.

"And the end of all our
exploring will be to
arrive where we started
and know the place for
the first time."
~T.S. Eliot~

Reading to see with new eyes,

__________________
Carbonetti, Jeanne. The Zen of Creative Painting. New York: Watson-Guptill, 1998.

6 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Oh Fannie,
I love the saying on your art. I never though of it that way and it help me to at look at things with new eyes. Thanks I needed this today, Keep it cominh sis !!!

Hugz Lorie

Fannie said...

Thanks, Lorie. Maybe that quote will inspire a new song for you. ;-D

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie!!! wow..it's been a while since I popped in...so sorry not to have been here ....you have been pretty busy!!! and I see you are always creating something wonderful....

Hugs
Diana

Brenda said...

I love your fabric paper.

Sarah E. said...

I like what you have to say here. T.S. Eliot is one of my favorites...my quote is "And then there's the dance" (TSEliot). "Then" is so filled with promise for me...after wading past the doubts/indecisions, THEN I can dance in celebration!!

julie king said...

love the fabric papers and the quotes here, fannie! you inspire me!