Friday, February 5, 2010

Gratitude

I'm in South Texas getting ready for the opening reception of "The Art in Fiber" show. It's an overcast day without rain.

Not being in my studio and without my sewing machine, fabrics, wax pastels and other tools forces me to think--think about this day and how special it is. Think about all the little steps it took to bring me here, right now. The learning curve, the excitement of discoveries, the mistakes along the way, the junk that evolved magically into something unique, the fears of the unknown but moving forward anyway, the joys and triumphs and celebrations of achievements and successes--the highs and lows and in betweens of art and life.

Today I celebrate my first juried show and my 33rd wedding anniversary. Art and life . . . they both share the same elements: lessons, fears, joys, discoveries, explorations, celebrations, achievements, mistakes, junk . . . gratitude . . . gratitude . . . gratitude . . . .

None of these things matter without love--the opportunity to do something I love, the opportunity to be in love, to be loved, to share love with family and friends.

Gratitude . . . gratitude . . . gratitude . . .

6 comments:

Brenda said...

How exciting for you - the exhibition and your anniversary. Have a wonderful time.

Regina said...

Congratulations Fannie!
Consider yourself hugged!
xoxo

Sherry said...

This is so fabulous Fannie. My heart dances with yours. You are so deserving of both! Love you!

Jacq said...

Two wonderful accomplishments. You are blessed and so am I to have you as a friend.

Deborah Boschert said...

Congratulations -- on every little detail. Everything impacts everything else.

Can't wait to see pictures from the opening.

Kelly said...

Yay! Congrats Fannie! On both counts!