Friday, February 12, 2010

Layers of Colors

Yesterday's post showed you what my fabric painting looks like after five layers of painting. This photograph shows what my fabric looks like after two layers of painting. I never know what my piece of fabric will look like until the drying process is over. It's like opening up a mystery gift each time--like magic.

This photograph shows what one layer of painting looks like. I used several shades of yellows and ochres on the bottom and several shades of blues on the top portion.

I don't know how I'll use these pieces. They may be a background for an art quilt, or I may decide to cut them up and use it in a fabric collage. For now, I'm just painting . . . and . . . painting . . . and look forward to the reveal each morning. It's a nice way to start my day in the studio.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: