Saturday, February 27, 2010

Painted Fabric Unscrunched and Ironed

From this . . .

. . . to this.

Here are photos of the unscrunched and ironed painted bleached muslin fabrics. I kept them in the same order.

And the pinks scrunched and drying . . .

. . . to unscrunched and ironed.

I'm painting more bleached muslin using wax pastels, but this time, I'm drying them unscrunched. I'll post my results soon.

The German born Hans Hofmann (1880-1966), played an important role in the development of Abstract Expressionism. He said, "It is not the form that dictates the color, but the color that brings out the form."

My painted fabric stash is growing with yummy colors and all ready to take a new form in my fiber art.


Have a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the stash you are creating. Yummy colours.

Sue K said...

Fannie~you said that you painted the fabric with neocolors....can you tell us how you did this? Lots of water...before...after..coloring?? Inquiring minds need to know! LOL!! They are beautiful and yummy!!!

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Fannie.....these are just beautiful. Isn't it fun painting fabrics and changing the way they look?

Vicki W said...

These are lovely!