Monday, February 22, 2010

Painted Fabrics



This is what I've been doing for the past few days, painting bleached muslin with Neocolors, and scrunching them to air dry. Aren't these colors yummy?

While playing, I wondered if I could do a five-step gradation, and I think it turned out quite well. What do you think?

More painted muslin.

I have a set of 84 Neocolors, and I think I probably painted about half of the set of colors onto 8" squares of muslin. Crazy? I didn't think so at the time, but my body tells me differently today. Hah!

I also painted more fabric paper. I'll show you in another post.
All these new additions to my stash . . . yummmmmmeeeeeee.

Martha Graham, founder of the most celebrated modern dance company in the world, once said, "Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion."

Here's what I say:

The background image for this quote was made using the first image in this post.

Indulge your artistic passions . . .

8 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! What beautiful colors! They should be such fun to work with. What will you create??

Karin said...

Oh, those colours are yummy. Great idea. Can´t wait to see them unscrunched and dry. Do you have to heat set them?

Fannie said...

Thanks, Janet. I'm going to use these in my upcoming fiber art projects. Funnnnnn.

Thanks for stopping by, Karin. I heat set them with an iron. Fun and easy. Do you work with Neocolors on fabric?

marianne said...

Lovely post!
And great image and quote you created!

have a nice day!

Kelly said...

LOVE these colors, Fannie! can't wait to see what you do with these.

Karin said...

Thanks Fannie for the info. I have only used Neocolors in fabric collages and loved the vibrant colours, but I will try painting muslin soon.

Quiltercarol said...

Fannie, Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. I am also loving using Neocolors. I have done several different techniques including very precise painting. It went well until last night when the colors were bleeding really bad. This is what got me to searching the web and finding your blog (which is a very good thing). I am wondering why all of a sudden I am having such a bleeding problem. Have you had any experience with this? The only preparation I have done with the muslin is to wash it in my laundry.

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a lovely quote/thought. It is so true, keeping that artistic passion burning bright is not always easy, but is also so rewarding.