Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aloha Ya'll--Rainbow's Song

Rainbow's Song, Mixed Media Fiber Art, 12" x 12"
© 2010 Fannie Narte

In Hawaii, we say "Aloha!" A Hawaiian in Texas says, "Aloha, Ya'll." Hah!

"Rainbow's Song" is my latest fiber art piece inspired by the idea of the blending of cultures portrayed by images blending the plumerias of Hawaii and the bluebonnets of Texas. When flowers of different colors occupy the same garden, when friends greet each other with "Aloha," "Howdy," or "Hello," when diversity bridges the gap of understanding between cultures, it results in "Rainbow's Song," a beautiful community.

This is a hand painted quilt using Neocolors and a bit of white acrylic paint onto cotton and silk fabrics. The flowers are fused and machine stitched appliques cut from my hand painted cottons and silks.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Aloha, ya'll . . .

8 comments:

Scrappy Cat said...

Aloha Fannie. This is one of the most beautiful things I've seen - I absolutely love it! You are one very talented lady.

Vicki W said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Dale Anne said...

BEAUTIFUL Fannie!

marianne said...

What a gorgeous piece of art!!!!!
Lovely in all ways and also the meaning behind it!

Debbie said...

Wow this is wonderful! I love the colors and would like to hear more about the process you used! love, debbie

julie king said...

fannie, this is such a lovely piece, one of my favorites of all your work.

quiltcrazygal said...

Fannie this is so lovely:) You are such a gifted artist and I am thankful you are one of my first blogging friends:) My 4-H quilters were honored yesterday in Columbus and I wanted to be sure you saw the video on my blog, you have inspired me to teach others, to give the gift of service. Thank you. Your friend, Jenna Louise

Jacq said...

Wonderful piece. I love when different things are pulled together.