Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day--Irish Rose

Irish Rose, Mixed Media Fiber Art, 18" x 18"
© 2010 Fannie Narte

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Playing with my paper pieced pattern--repeat that phrase three times . . . fast! Hah!

Using my paper pieced pattern and changing the design a bit by eliminating a few lines and using fabric paper instead of my hand painted fabric . . . this is "Irish Rose."

Compare this to "The Artist's Rose," which uses the original paper pieced pattern.

I've got to find a name for my pattern . . . hmmmmm . . . any ideas?

Prepare yourself for endless possibilities while playing with paper pieced patterns . . .

Artfully and playfully,

2 comments:

Brenda said...

These are both incredibly stunning. You are soooo talented.

Marthann's Musings said...

Wow, great work and so different. I might have to try something similar to that. Thanks for the kind email. Big news over on my page. Go see. Have a great weekend