Monday, March 22, 2010

The Winners Are . . .

Congratulations, Karin! You are the winner of these five hand painted fabrics.



Congratulations, Diane! You are the winner of these five sheets of fabric papers.

Heartfelt thanks to everyone for making my celebration so much fun. Your comments were interesting to read. Your ideas about how you would use these fabrics and fabric papers in your projects are inspiring . . . which made me think . . . and wonder . . . you know how it is with me when I think . . . and wonder.

It would be fun to have all of you in a room, each of you with a packet of my hand painted fabrics and fabric papers, a sewing machine for each of you (a must), boxes and boxes of a variety of beads, buttons, threads, yarns, paints, stencils, stamps and other embellishments and all the supplies a mixed media fiber artist would need . . . .and let you play for a few hours. Imagine . . . I wonder what you would create?

And wouldn't it be really fun if this were in some exotic place where the sun would provide natural light and cast shadows of inspiration on your projects, and you could hear the waves crashing against the rocky shores, and the smell of the salty sea making you thirst for a tropical drink . . . can you hear the drums coming from behind those coconut trees . . . can you imagine all of this taking place somewhere like . . . oh, I don't know . . . my home town in . . . Hawaii . . . now wouldn't that be fun!

Hah! Yes, it would be so much fun playing art with all of you. Thanks to all of you for sharing your imaginings in your wonderful comments and playing in my giveaway with me.

You're the BEST!

Look for my upcoming interview with Malka Dubrawsky sometime this week. You'll gain insight into her art world, her inspirations, her art making process and maybe even a peek into her studio . . . and see my version of her project "Square Deal."

Artfully,

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to Diane. I couldn't get back in yesterday to check out the bead tutorial. That is a good idea for making small wool ones to add as embellishments.

Debbie

Diane said...

I can't wait to get these and incorporate them into my art!! YOU are the best, Fannie!