Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bouquet of Flowers on Silk Using Neocolor II

Bouquet of Flowers, Silk Painting, 8" Diameter
Image design from the "Floral Stained Glass Pattern Book," by Ed Sibbett, Jr.

Floral Stained Glass Pattern Book


Neocolor II watersoluble wax crayons on silk with gold resist.

Compare this to yesterday's silk painting . . . black resist versus gold resist . . . different look . . . one simple difference changes the emotional experience of seeing art . . .

Seeing art . . . seeing life . . .

Experiencing art . . . experiencing life . . .

a smile versus a frown . . . different response . . . one simple difference changes the emotional experience of seeing life . . .

a verbal "thank you" versus a silent stare . . . different behaviors . . . one simple difference changes the experience of life . . .

"We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are."
~
The Talmud~


Do you see me?

8 comments:

Duff said...

I see different notes that become a chord: I see you have many sides and moods infused into your art that collectively show me who you are--insightful, peaceful & grateful.

do I see you?

Fannie said...

Hi, Duff. Thanks for sharing your insights. I "see" you, and I'm grateful for what I see. Your words make my heart sing. Thank you.

Vicki W said...

I just see beautiful!

WoolenSails said...

It really does make a difference in the feel of the piece. Love the hues and shades the neocolor gives.
I do use cotton fabric, so maybe that is the difference too. Silk has a more translucent look with paints?

Debbie

Fannie said...

Beautiful, like you, Vicki. Thanks for visiting.

Hi, Debbie. Yes, silk is translucent. It's great to add layers to your projects. Neocolors on cotton versus silk results in different looks, you're right. They're both great and they give you creative options. ♥♫♥

Marthann's Musings said...

Oh my how beautiful. I love the colors and the soft effect. Very pretty. Love your work.

Fotf said...

Beautiful Fannie, so colourful :)

Fannie said...

Thanks, Marthann's Musings. Nice to see you.

Thanks, Kerri. ♥♫♥