Saturday, May 1, 2010

Generosity, Gratitude

Sometimes it feels like Christmas. Friends send me wonderful and thoughtful gifts from time to time. They are usually displayed somewhere in my studio, a constant reminder of my treasured friendships.

Once in a while, I receive gifts in the mail from people I have never met--gifts sent as an expression of gratitude.

Recently, a wooden boxed set of . . . yes, my favorite art supply EVER . . . Neocolor II arrived at my door! These were sent to me by an art supply company, a gift for helping them test one of their products. Thanks, John!

Christmas in springtime . . . generosity, gratitude . . . for all seasons.

10 comments:

Scrappy Cat said...

What a nice gift! What product were you testing for them?

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Fannie!!!!!What an awesome gift! You will be able to make lots of beautiful art pieces with these.

WoolenSails said...

I have never seen those before, so checked them out.
Do you use them on fabrics? That would be a nice medium and easier to use. I have been using watered down acrylics and wish I had something to color with that was easy to use in my lap.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Thanks, Cheryl. I tested a spray adhesive product.

Yes, Brigitte, I will be able to use these in my creations. Yummmmeee colors.

Hi, Debbie. I use Neocolors for my mixed media paintings--love these especially for faces--and use these for my hand painted fabrics. They come in various sizes. You can buy them individually or as a set if you want to test them. Enjoy.

Debbie said...

wow! what an awesome gift! I have a small set of these crayons and would love to have more. They are so fun to play with!

Jacq said...

Great gift! I KNOW you will put them to good use.

Deanna said...

What a great surprise! I'm sure you'll put them to good use... can't wait to see!

Fannie said...

Hi, Debbie. Do you use your Neocolors to paint fabrics? How do you use them?

Hi, Jacq. Let's have studio time and play with them. Come over!

Thanks, Deanna. I'll use them for painting faces, fabrics and maybe find some new uses. Any ideas?

NatashaMay said...

This is a wonderful gift. I'm so happy for you. :)

Janet said...

Lucky you! What a fantastic gift!!