Saturday, June 5, 2010

Introducing my new line of Limited Edition Reproductions

Two Sets of Wings, Limited Edition Reproduction, 8x8
© 2010 Fannie Narte
FOR SALE


This piece is the first in my new line of Limited Edition Reproductions of a selection of my original mixed media fiber art paintings. This is an affordable option to owning an original and a nice option to owning a print.

HOW I PRODUCE MY LIMITED EDITIONS

To create this piece, I began by gluing my 8x8 inch fabric panel of the same name to an 8x8 inch gallery profile stretched canvas. Then I embellished different areas of the panel using acrylic paints, gold, white and black paints, Neocolor II wax crayons, added fabric appliques using the same fabric as I used in the original painting, and added a pink Swarovski crystal for the bird's eye. I painted her hair, face and eyes and added paints randomly to the background. It took almost the same amount of time to complete this piece as it did to create my original--but it is not an original. It's almost an original--it's semi-original.

This piece is No. 1 in a Limited Edition of 10 pieces.

THE INSPIRATION

"She had two sets of wings to help her fly." This quote is written on her second set of wings.

The messages of this piece are based on the ideas of hope, encouragement, love, family, friendship, faith and possibilities.

When you wear a second set of wings, you’re stronger, you’re better able to walk through the storms of life, through daily challenges. You don't feel so alone.

When you wear a second set of wings, it offers you clarity of mind to choose your next step based on your heart’s songs. Your journey becomes one that is in tune with your faith, beliefs and dreams.

Where do we get our second set of wings? From faith, from hope, from family, from friends, from love, from words that make our hearts dance.

I wish you a second set of wings . . .

I'm grateful for the wings my mother gave me . . .

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I was looking at your shop and gallery, just love your art work.

Debbie

Brenda said...

How wonderful, I love the way you have created a unique artwork from your print - great idea. I love your work.

marianne said...

Wow what a lovely idea!

Jacq said...

Beautiful.

Fannie said...

Thanks for your encouraging comments, Debbie. ♥♫♥

Thanks, Brenda. It's more work than I anticipated, but it's a joy to produce. ♥♫♥

Thanks, Marianne. Fine artists create hand embellished lithographs of their originals, I wondered ... fiber artists could do a similar thing ... voila! ♥♫♥

Thanks for clicking in, Jacq. Always good to hear from you. ♥♫♥