Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Morning Painting #41

Morning Painting #41
© 2010 Fannie Narte
I continue to be amazed with the surprises that surface with each Morning Painting (MP).  It's as if I'm on a continuous self-reveal.

Upon reflection, I realized that today's MP was strongly influenced by yesterday's Oprah/Bush interview.  It was interesting to observe the interplay between Oprah's leading questions and President Bush's firm answers.  I feel that Oprah's curiosity represented the thoughts of many Americans.  I was in a philosophical mode while watching the interview.  President Bush stated that people can disagree with his policies, but "do not call me a racist."  He added, "I know my heart."
 
MY BELIEF ABOUT THE HEART
 
When you know a person's heart, you have an important ingredient to understanding that person on a  nonjudgmental plane.  When you add your knowledge of a person's heart to the knowledge of his or her life's experiences and its many complexities, you can begin to "see" the person's intentions.  Right or wrong, good or bad, this kind of seeing allows us to look at a person's heart and see the good, the bad, the flaws, the successes and understand the person at his or her core.  When you get to this point, I believe this is where acceptance and understanding live.  I believe criticism, intolerance and judgment do not exist in the same space that acceptance and understanding live.

If you study my MP, you may "see" these shared thoughts represented by the marks I made.

© 2010 Fannie Narte
Here is my MP with digitally added journal writing.  Leonardo da Vinci wrote backwards, Beatrix Potter devised her own secret writing system.  Thought I would give it a try.

© 2010 Fannie Narte

I made a Digital quilt using today's MP.

Then reproduced the Digital Quilt several times and made this secondary Digital Quilt.


I'm thinking about Dancing With the Stars.  I wonder what tomorrow's MP will look like?  ♥♫♥

No comments: