Monday, November 29, 2010

Morning Painting #60

Morning Painting #60
I've had a nagging feeling for some time now, and I didn't know what that feeling was about until today.  I knew it had something to do with my MP's because it usually happens when I'm working on them.  So I did what I normally do when that happens . . . I pay attention to my heart's songs and listen for direction. 

Sometimes plans finish before the scheduled time.  My Morning Painting journey has ended.  This is my last Morning Painting that I'll post to my blog.  I have learned a lot and my art making is more enjoyable with less concerns for making messes and muck.  I've learned to accept all my marks and work fearlessly especially when trying new things.  It is time to move on to something else.  My daily MP practice will continue, and I may occasionally share a piece now and then.  I don't know what's ahead, but I'm sure whatever it is, I will move in a forward direction.  It's exciting!


STAMP CARVING

One stamp repeat
I've been preparing for a workshop with Jane Dunnewold this weekend.  Stamp carving is one of the assignments.  Here are a few sheets of stamped images of some of my carvings.
One stamp flip repeats

Two stamps alternating and changing directions
Thanks for following my MP journey.  What's next?


5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love your stamps and will miss the morning paintings.

Jacq said...

Good for you for knowing when to change directions. I know you will be always be creating. Your stamps are wonderful, enjoy your class. Would love to be taking it with you.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank you so much for the interview. It is up on my blog and I know that it will encourage and inspire!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Lisa :)

quiltcrazygaljennalouise said...

Very cool! LOVE them! Stop over, I'm having a give away on my blog! Happy Holidays!

Kuulei said...

So interesting...! They are all so very different too. #2 is my favorite. #3 reminds me of Hawaii.