Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts


Thanks to Spoonflower, I can use my mixed media paintings in my fiber art work.  I added a black and white machine pieced border to my Two Sets of Wings fabric panel.  It reminds me of piano keyboards, which reminds me of music, which makes me feel like dancing . . . .  Hah!  Here it is on a hand painted tote bag.  The pink stripes were made by using strips of masking tape as a stencil.  Then I added splatters, flicks, blams and swooshes of black paint.  ♥♫♥


Here is the bordered fabric panel on an unpainted apron. 

The tote bag and apron were purchased from my local hobby store using 40% off coupons, the black and white fabrics were from my stash, and it took me less than a half an hour to complete the border and sew it onto the fabric panel.  How's that for quick and easy Christmas gifts?  And I still have time to make a bunch of these.  Gotta go print more 40% off coupons . . .

Only one more shopping weekend before Christmas!  Time flies . . .

Happy Shopping!


5 comments:

Jacq said...

Great ideas. Beautiful art work.

Blissful Pumpkin said...

What a great idea. Lovely artwork also. Happy holidays. =D

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful idea and with your painting, it is beautiful.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Fannie, awesome art work. You have a lot of talent. I love your "grace, generosity, & gratitude." Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Fannie, awesome art work. You have a lot of talent. I love your "grace, generosity, & gratitude." Keep up the great work!!