Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011


Journey
© 2011 Fannie Narte


The honu or turtle is a popular symbol in Hawaii.  It represents peace, good luck, longevity and endurance.  It seems like a fitting symbol to begin my artful journey in this new year.

What will the new year bring to you and to me?  Will it be more of what we had last year?  Will it be new adventures, new directions, new friendships, new connections . . . a new size?  Each moment is a mystery, an exciting mystery.



Will this be the year we find a cure for Alzheimer's and other dimentia-related diseases?  Will this be the year we find a cure for cancer?


Whatever this year holds for me, I'm going to savor every moment, taste every experience, dance to every new adventure, sing away each fear with courage; I'm going to work hard; I'm going to play hard; I'm going to love living . . .


I'm going to live each moment with passion . . .


May this year bring you gifts of beauty, generosity and love.



4 comments:

Lucy said...

Amazing and inspirational!

Brenda said...

I hope and pray this year brings you everything you dream of. I love your generous and loving spirit. Happy New Year xx

Fannie said...

Thanks, Lucy and Brenda. All the best for an inspiring, blessed and creative new year. ♥♫♥

marianne said...

Thank you for your beautiful wishes!
Hope 2011 has a lot of good things in store for you!
These black on colors are great I am wondering how you do this.....
Probably I missed the explanation earlier.....
Anyhow they are wonderful
Hope the New Year will be too for you!