Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All I Have Left--March AAQI Quilt Auction


 Quilt #6279 All I Have Left, Mixed Media Art Quilt, 9" x 12"
 © 2011 Fannie Narte
 
 THE MARCH AAQI AUCTION IS LIVE

There are 26 beautiful quilts in the AAQI auction.  All of them will go to new homes soon.  I'm grateful that "All I Have Left" is a part of this month's line-up.
  Thanks to all who are bidding in this auction to raise dollars to find a cure for Alzheimer's!
 
 ARTIST STATEMENT

I have pictures of you and me, the one with you standing beside me on the pink carousel horse wearing my new pink dress and shiny black shoes.

I have pictures of you and me, the one with you holding my hand because I was afraid to go to kindergarten that first day of school. I was wearing a new pink dress and shiny black shoes.

I have pictures of you and me, the one with you dancing with me at the Christmas party. Remember that one? In the background, your friends are smiling and my friends are snickering.

I am imagining you and me dancing the waltz today. I'm wearing my white dress, the one that mom wore, my string of pearls that you gave me on my graduation day, and my shiny white shoes.

And all I have left are these photos and memories . . . of you and me.
 
DEDICATION


To all who wish to dance one more time.


Donating one quilt at a time towards finding a cure for Alzheimer's . . .

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

It is lovely, Fannie! And I was delighted to see you had another quilt at auction. As my mother progresses in her A.D. it is the memories of what used to be and how we are now in relationship that often seem to impact the very most. I once had a 'favorite photo' of her and I..taken during the course of A.D. but only two years ago..she doesn't even look like the same woman now. She has lost at least 40 lbs on top of everything else she and we have lost. Thanks for reminding me that even the memories being made now will be treasures down the road!