Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Don Hebert Made His First Quilt For The AAQI


Don Hebert

I had never even sat in front of a sewing machine before but when I heard about this Initiative, I just HAD to make a quilt. ~Don Hebert


Quilt #6192 Classic Cabin by Don Hebert
My father passed away in August of last year at the age of 96 from Alzheimer’s-related dementia, and it was so hard for me and my mom to take care of him before he was approved for a nursing home. I immediately wanted to make a quilt but had no idea how to even start. I asked Mom if she would teach me, and she said that not only would she teach me, she’d make one too.~Don Hebert


Don and his mom, Luddie, have quilts in the AAQI auction.  Thank you both for supporting the AAQI!

Read my interview with Don at The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Update.

Bid on Don's Quilt #6192 Classic Cabin.
Bid on Luddie Hebert's Quilt #6291 Music of the Soul

Thanks for the interview, Don!

1 comment:

quiltcrazygaljennalouise said...

What a wonderful tribute and story! Very touching. Fannie I want to thank you for the beautiful fabric panel you sent my way, I will cherish it! It was so kind of you to think of me:) Just watch your box in the next few weeks:) I took the leap and opened an Etsy store also:) From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your inspiration and friendship, you are special!