Monday, March 28, 2011

Shades of Blue

 When you look up a tree,
what do you see?
 Do you notice the trees' strong trunk?
Do you see its reaching branches?
Do you see fourteen shades of greens and blues and purples and reds and yellows in its leaves?
Do you get lost in its beauty?
Are you in awe of its complicated structure?
Are you amazed at the gifts of shade and protection it offers?
I think a tree is like an umbrella and tools for the architect and artist.
© 2011 Fannie Narte

Are you
someone who looks beyond the wrinkles and weathered colors,
someone who sees through the prickly leaves and around the wandering branches,
of a tree?

Are you
someone who looks beyond the wrinkles and weathered colors,
someone who sees through the prickly leaves and around the wandering branches
of me?

A tree or you or me.

I see shades of hope and renewal and a new beginning
when I look through and beyond a tree.

I see shades of blue
and you.

No comments: