Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hawaiian Sunset


© 2011 Fannie Narte


We traveled about an hour and a half to spend the day with my family.  We had fun chasing flies, talking story, eating malasadas from Tex Drive-In and visiting with friends and family who stopped by the house on their way to Kona.  My mom taught me how to make a lei using three drinking straws (yes, the kind you get from fast food restaurants), three bobby pins (Remember these pins? If you do, we're probably from the same generation.), three lengths of ribbon and two skeins of eyelash yarn.  I made the lei to use as a hat band.  It was quite easy to make.  Maybe I'll create a tutorial and post it here so you can make one for your hat too.

At the end of a fun and satisfying day, we drove back to Kona with this colorful sunset as our companion.  Family, friends, food, art, fun--a GREAT day!

Mahalo, Kilauea, Mauna Kea . . .


2 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

amazing... one of the places I would just love to visit someday.
thanks for sharing and enjoy! :)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful sunset. I had a friend in high school whose grandmother was from Hawaii. She used to bring in something like an egg roll, but it had pineapple and fruit in it, would love to know what it was and how to make them.

Debbie