Friday, May 13, 2011

Yes, I've Been Painting . . .


Wishes, Acrylic on Canvas Panel, 8" x 10"
© 2011 Fannie Narte

Today's painting evolved from one of my morning paintings.  I splattered, dripped, salted, marked and resplattered, redripped,  remarked and resalted and let it dry.  When it dried, I looked for forms, secrets, and mysteries within the mess of color.  My husband said it looked like a bunch of trees or flowers.  I had a different idea.  It looked like a fascinator, a hat that might have been worn to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
 
 Here's a close up of the painting.

I have more morning paintings that are waiting to reveal its secrets, mysteries and magic. 
 
 Right now, they look like blobs of paint . . . or flowers and trees.  Hey, I see two girls in that one . . . .
 

Have an artful day!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful painting, really like the ethereal feel to it.
It makes me think of a woman whose memories are a mist in her mind.

Debbie

Kuulei said...

Wow!! I really love it Mimi. <3 I can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing!!!