Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crotons in the Sun


Crotons in the Sun, Acrylic on Canvas, 16" x 20"
© 2011 Fannie Narte


Crotons develop their best leaf colors when planted in the sun. When planted in the shade or semi-shade, crotons tend to develop a greener color.

Inspired by photographs I took in Hawaii + my "colorful" imagination.  Happy, joyous, joyful, fun, tropical, sunshine, beach--these are some of the ideas I felt while painting this piece, and everytime I look at it, I remember my morning walks in Kailua Village . . . home.

Have a creative day!

3 comments:

Regina said...

This is beautiful Fannie. I have a potted croton on my porch! I bought it last winter when I REALLY needed the brilliant color and visual texture of the foilage. I had intended on doing some art inspired by it. I love what you have done with your inspiration.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie!!!! this painting is so beautiful!!! love it!!!!

Sherry Carrigan said...

Beautiful Fannie. I actually picked up my paint brushes again on May 25 and have been enjoying the paints and mediums again after being away from then for 2 years.