Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Miss Us


I Miss Us, Art Quilt, 8.25" x 8.75"
© 2011 Fannie Narte

The inspiration for this quilt was focused on the caregivers, spouses, families and loved ones of Alzheimer's patients. Alzheimer's is a devastating disease, and everyone suffers. Although loved ones do their best, sometimes their best is not enough. How do you celebrate a special day with an Alzheimer's patient? How do you celebrate your anniversary with your spouse who doesn't recognize you? A creative imagination can sometimes fill the void of missing a loved one, even if for just a few seconds. The following text is stitched onto this quilt:

"i sent myself a bouquet of flowers today. the card reads: 'i miss us.' happy anniversary. xox"


Help me raise $$ for Alzheimer's research--Thanks for looking!

See all of the quilts that have helped me raise over $5,000 at my AAQI gallery.

AND THE WINNER IS:

Thank you, highest bidder: "Hawaii."  You have made a difference--Thank You!


6 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely lovely, Fannie! I was blog hopping today, and one had music and was playing "Angels Among Us"...I burst into tears. There isn't a day I don't miss my loved ones with A.D...whether living or passed, but some days are just harder than others. Your gift of a bouquet of flowers is just wonderful!!!

Fannie said...

Hi, Michele. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for all you do for the AAQI. Enjoy the weekend.

WoolenSails said...

That is so beautiful and so much meaning in the saying, really love it with the soft colors. You have really made so many beautiful pieces and done so much to help others.

Debbie

Lisa M Griffin said...

Very touching and equally beautiful. Thanks for sharing in all you do.

Kelly Warren said...

so beautiful, Fannie. I love the text.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

this is so lovely. i feel so sad thinking of those who have to deal with this challenge