Sunday, October 23, 2011

Exploring Series Work With Lisa Call

 Exploring Series Work, Mixed Media Art Quilt, 12" x 12"
 
© 2011 Fannie Narte

Lisa Call's online workshop "Working in a Series" has been art-changing.  I'm exploring working in a series with a theme of abstraction--whoa!  Discovering what I like and don't like and what I thought I was passionate about but finding something that I'm passionate about even more . . . these and many more discoveries are revealed every second of every day as I push forward in my series work. 

This is a piece that didn't work for me, but even mistakes or art that doesn't sing has its value.  This piece was the catalyst that pushed me toward a wonderful abstract design that I will use in my workshop with Lisa.  In time, I'll share that design with you.

If you're a serious artist who is interested in learning about series work in any medium, take a look at Lisa's class offerings

This is the poem that fills the background of my art quilt:

Optimism

The sun rises
and I awake to hear
the birds singing
their morning's songs.
I smile.

My companions wait
for our appointed journey.
I smile.

Where will we travel today? 
"Everywhere" sings my feathered friend.
I smile.

The sun sets
and my companions go 
to their designated 
places of rest.
I smile.

We made magic today.
     I smile.

Who are my companions?  My art supplies, of course.  Smile.

Smile, just because you can!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I can't wait to see what new piece you created from that idea. I am not one for rules, I just make things, but that is why you are an artist and I am an artisan;)

Debbie

Fannie said...

Having fun in the class with Lisa. We're both of similar minds when it comes to rules . . . I think you're an "artist." ;-D Hugs.