Monday, October 31, 2011

Treat, Not Trick -- Painted Chair for Rotary Club Auction

Before
After



This wooden chair was donated by Kris Hazard and painted by me using original stencils and acrylic paint.  The design was inspired by the "Aloha," the friendly service, we receive each time we dine at "Tante's Restaurant" in Kailua Village.  We recently met Tante for the first time about a week ago, and really enjoyed "talking story" with him.  When he learned that I was an artist, he asked if I would donate a painted chair to help his Rotary Club raise funds in an upcoming auction; I said, "yes."

I dedicate this chair to everyone who shares the Spirit of Aloha through word, music, thought and deed.  It is with "Aloha" that I donate this chair to the Rotary Club.  Thank you for all you do for the community.

No comments: