Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holly--Christmas Series


Holly, Mixed Media, 8" x 8"
© 2011 Fannie Narte


It was difficult to leave the warm weather of Hawaii, but I learned that I enjoy the seasons of Texas.  It feels like Christmas.  Played Christmas songs, watched Christmas movies, bought Christmas cards . . . it seems natural that I painted something Christmasy, right?  But not just one Christmas painting, oh no.  I'm taking Lisa Call's "Working in a Series" online workshop, and Holly is the first painting in my 2011 Christmas series.  Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!

Ho, ho, ho . . . I have three more paintings to go.  ♥♫♥  And, by the way, Holly will be available as a fabric panel soon.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ♥♫♥ I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas ♥♫♥

5 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

Pretty! A festive fashionista! Love the eyes.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!

Jules Rushing said...

Beautiful piece! Glad you are back in Texas! Let me know when you are ready to get together and be creative!
;)
Jules

WoolenSails said...

Texas has seasons? LOL
I can't believe the early snow this year, but we are enjoying a warm spell, so not complaining. Beautiful piece for Christmas. I need to get moving and get some small quilts made up.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa. I think I spend the most time on the eyes. Just enjoy that element. Thanks for stopping by. Love your illustrations. Hugs.

Brenda--what's new? It's almost Christmas--exciting. Thanks for visiting. Always good to see you. Hugs.

Hi, Jules. Good to see you. Yes, we need to get together. Can't wait to see you at the next meeting. Thought about donating the "magazine" for our raffle drawing. That should be fun.

Hah! I know, I know, Debbie. Yes, seasons in Texas, as compared to one-season Hawaii. It's cold around here. Had to get out the jacket and scarves. Have fun working on your creations. Hugs.