Friday, December 23, 2011

Abstract--Textile Painting--Noise 1

Noise 1, Textile Painting, 8.5 x 9.76"
© 2011 Fannie Narte

DO YOU OVER-THINK YOURSELF INTO 
A STATE OF PARALYSIS?

Thinking and visualizing designs and compositions aren't difficult for me--closing the door is my challenge.  My head is always flooded with ideas and I sketch and journal and think and visualize and sketch some more and journal again and I choose that fabric and that thread and I create and I enjoy the entire process of making the piece, hours pass, I'm in a creative zone . . . I'm happy . . . the piece turns out as good as my sketched ideas and during magical moments, it turns out better than expected . . . and sometimes I have scary moments.

Sometimes I overthink my ideas; sometimes I stay too long in the planning stage using my sketchbook and my journal, playing with the variations of compositions:  What if I do this? Or What if I change that? Or What if this? . . . What if that?  Exploring the "what if's" are great, but there is a point in time when I need to take that leap into creating the piece and just play.

Design possibilities are endless and I often get stuck in the what-if-stage.

Does that ever happen to you?

I'm learning to abandon the negative noises in my head:  "You don't have the right fabrics for that piece." "What if that fabric doesn't work?" What if the colors don't work well with each other?"  Noise, noise, NOISE!

"Noise 1" includes the following three Morning Paintings, which were done last year.
 Morning Painting #46
 Morning Painting #47
 Morning Painting #30

Thanks to Lisa Call, I'm working in series, and "Noise 1" is the first in my "Noise" series.


1 comment:

Web 2 Print Solution said...

Your have powerful content.Thanks for update By Regards Postcard Printing