Friday, December 16, 2011

Be True, Be You--Mixed Media Original/Reproduction


Be True, Be You, Mixed Media on Canvas--Reproduction, 8" x 8"
© 2011 Fannie Narte


 What makes your music blend with the heartbeat of those around you?

Most of my art is inspired by questions I've asked myself about the meaning of life, and who am I and where am I going, and what am I going to do, and am I really doing what I love, and am I living a happy life or am I just surviving, or who am I now that all my children are grown and on their own, etc.  

A lot of the inspiration for my art also comes from my daughters.  During their formative years, they had so many questions that went unanswered, their roller coaster ride of emotions often left me stifled. Eventually we found the answers together through our discussions.

They are my unending source of inspiration.  They taught me what it feels like to be loved and how to give love.  My search, my experiences, my questions, my answers all show up in my artwork.  By helping them  find themselves, I found me, my music, my art.  I'm grateful.

My grandchildren also offer inspiration.

 This painting was inspired by my granddaughter Kiana aka "Kiki."
My blog post about this painting:

MY INSPIRATION
from my archives

Blog Post Dated November 30, 2008:

Mason T and Kiki came over last night, and they were excited to see the trees and lights at our house. We played with their favorite toys: Legos and the Tea Party set. 

Kiki likes to play reverse hide-and-seek by putting the Lego container over her head and chant: Mimi, where are you? 

I respond: Here I am. 

She then follows my voice searching for me. Of course, I don't stay in one place. Got to make it more challenging. 

I travel around the house, and she looks for me by following the sound of my voice. She gingerly walks around tables and other obstacles because she can see the floor and she probably remembers the layout of our house. Sometimes she bumps into walls, and we all laugh, including Kiki. 

In the spirit of Christmas, I drew her with a Santa's hat. When she saw this painting, I told her it was a painting of her. She stared at it for a time, and knitted her brows--probably wondering where her body was--and finally said, "That's my pink boots. That's Kiki's boots!" 
;-D

Life is my inspiration.  Family is my inspiration.  Love is my inspiration.

We do our best work when we just show up and say, "Here I am."


Be True, Be You.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is so sweet, children really are blessings and they inspire us to be young again and enjoy the little things in life.

Debbie

Lisa M Griffin said...

It is so true! Happy are those creative moments that come from the soul naturally... without pressure, without looming deadlines, just born from a lightness of heart and spirit.
Wonderful share Fannie!
Lisa

Beth said...

Love 'where's Kiki'!
Your inspiration shows in your artwork! Thanks for sharing your inspiration Fannie!

Fannie said...

Thanks for stopping by Debbie, Lisa and Beth. Happy Holidays!