Friday, December 30, 2011

Songs of My Heart 1--Textile Painting--Abstract Series

Songs of My Heart 1, Abstract Series, Textile Painting, 9" x 12"
© 2011 Fannie Narte
Abstract 1 uses four pieces of my morning paintings.  The photograph is a 9"x12" view of my 12"x12" textile painting.  Why?  Hah!  Because I couldn't get a clear photo using my camera, and the scanner got a better picture of the image, but the scanner only has a 9" x 12" bed.  Makes sense, right?  ;-D  Sorry about that.  I'm still working on my photography skills.

I originally thought I would call this series "Noise," but after having made four of these paintings, I think a better name for this series is "Songs of My Heart" because each piece has journaling, which are thoughts from my heart . . . "Songs of My Heart."

Songs of My Heart 1, Back View
© 2011 Fannie Narte

The back of this textile painting uses a remnant of one of my larger fabric paintings.  It has black hand stitching done with embroidery floss.

BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR BY 
TAKING A NEW ARTFUL DIRECTION

It's a few days to a new year, a New Year of magical expectations, a time to take a new direction, exploring abstract textile paintings and working in series.  FUN!!!  "Textile paintings" is a term coined by Lisa Call.  With her permission, I'm calling my art quilts "textile paintings," something else that's "new."  Let's see, what else . . . a new outfit, a new hairdo (no, I like long hair), a new . . . um . . . new . . . studio?  Hah!

Ring in the New Year with something new . . .


1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I love how the shades blend in to each other.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful New year and may blessings follow you, though out the year.

Debbie