Friday, December 2, 2011

Two Sets of Wings--New Etsy Shop Item--Reproduction


Two Sets of Wings, Reproduction on Canvas, 8" x 8"
© 2011 Fannie Narte
FOR SALE


It's an original, but it's not "the" original.  This is how I created this piece:

This item is a one-of-a-kind reproduction of my original mixed media painting. A quality commercially-produced 8" x 8" fabric panel of my original painting is glued onto a stretched canvas. When it is completely dry, I hand embellish the artwork using paints. In some pieces, I may add other fiber elements to the artwork.  In most of my reproductions, I repainted the eyes, facial features, hair, butterflies and birds.  I've also added gold leafing, gold paint and outlined most of the elements. My goal is to give you a unique reproduction which is slightly different than the original, and looks like "the" original. Each reproduction is uniquely different. 

THE INSPIRATION

"She had two sets of wings to help her fly." ~Fannie Narte
This text is written on her wings.

The messages of this piece are based on the ideas of hope, encouragement, love, family, friendship, faith and possibilities.

When you wear a second set of wings, you’re stronger, you’re better able to walk through the storms of life, through daily challenges.

When you wear a second set of wings, it offers you clarity of mind to choose your next step based on your heart’s songs. Your journey becomes one that is in tune with your faith, beliefs and dreams.

Where do we get our second set of wings? From faith, from hope, from family, from friends, from love, from words that make our hearts dance, from dreams of possibilities.

I wish you a second set of wings . . .

No comments: