Thursday, April 5, 2012

Abstract #9

 Abstract #9, #3 in Series, 9" x 9"
© 2012 Fannie Narte

My study in series work continues . . . I call this my circle in a square (four drunkard's path patterns).  The green and purple lines symbolize piano keys.  I don't know where this series will take me, but I'm going to enjoy the journey one block at a time.

I've worked on two series so far, and with each series, I find that I start with a lot of color with high contrast and whittle down to simple designs with less color.  I'm paying attention to what excites me, and I'm learning that no matter where I go, no matter what medium I work with, I usually end up with zen-looking-feeling pieces.  Is that what makes my heart sing?  I think so.

Also, I notice that my pieces are influenced by song, music, dance, heart songs . . . Love . . .



Abstract #9, Digital Image
© 2012 Fannie Narte

Thought it would be interesting to show you what Abstract #9 looks like in a repeated design.  Played with this design in different sizes and compositions . . . then decided I need to work on Abstract #10.  ♥♫♥

Having so much fun . . . hope you are too!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It really makes a nice design repeated, great for a future quilt idea.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Hi, Debbie. Yes, a nice future quilt . . . hope you're doing well. Hugs . . .♥♫♥

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love the repeat... it has a nice contrast between form and color. Thanks for sharing Fannie and have a great weekend. :)