Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Violet Eyes and Playing With Piping



Violet Eyes, Mug Rug, 7.75 x 8.25"
© 2012 Fannie Narte


What am I doing now?  Learning to make my own piping using Susan Cleveland's technique as explained in her book Piping Hot Curves and using them in quilts and mug rugs like this one, featuring one of my fabric panels.  The black and white piping and border is a nice companion to the colors in this quilt.  What do you think?

Set of 2 Violet Eyes, mug rugs for sale in my Etsy Shop.  Give a gift of remembrance and say "Happy Mother's Day," "Happy Birthday," "I Care," "Thank You," "I'm Glad We're Friends" in an extra special way . . .

Thanks, Susan!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love how that came out and love the deep purple border. Maybe that is what I will do with my panel, make a mini quilt and add a saying.

Debbie

Heather P said...

Love her violet eyes! Your work is as fabulous as ever!

Lisa M Griffin said...

This has such a decadent feel to it.. just beautiful rich colors.
Hope you and the family are doing well. :)