Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Karen Miller -- Katazome Artist


 
If you are a follower of my blog, you know I enjoy Japanese art and artmaking and enjoy sharing my finds from the Internet.  Karen's work is interesting and amazing.  I think you'll enjoy this video of Katazome Artist, Karen Miller.  You'll see her process of cutting stencils and painting her one of a kind fabrics.

If you want more of Karen, visit her blog.

Beautiful work, Karen!  Thanks for sharing and I wish you continued magic.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That was amazing to watch, such beautiful work and wonderful technique. I have done paper cutting, it is time consuming when I did intricate designs, cannot imagine doing what she does and the process of painting and resist, but you can see it is worth it with the beautiful results. I have a set of Japanese water colors that we bought about 30 years ago at the art festival. We bought one, one year and the next year, got a set of longer framed paintings to go with it. It is with birds and butterflies.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Hi, Debbie. Glad you enjoyed the video. Do you use your set of Japanese watercolors? I imagine anything you do turns out just beautiful. Paper cutting--have never tried it, but I can imagine it's time consuming. Birds and butterflies--two of my favorite images that show up in my paintings.

Martha Lever said...

I really really enjoyed seeing this video about Katazome! Wow, I would love to take a workshop with her! Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great weekend, Fannie!

Fannie said...

Hi, Martha. I'm glad you clicked and watched the video. It is amazing, isn't it? I will work at visiting you more often. I love your work. You inspire me.