Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Zentangle #1


 Zentangle #1
© 2012 Fannie Narte
 
Tangles used:  keeko, florz, hollibaugh, zander, poke-root


It is an empowering and uplifting experience to learn that you can deliberately relax and intentionally direct your attention while creating beautiful works of art.~Rick and Maria, Zentangle.com


I bought the Zentangle Kit from Rick and Maria and made my first Zentangle. It was fun and relaxing just as they said it would be:

Creating Zentangle art provides a fun and lighthearted way to relax and intentionally facilitate a shift in focus and perspective. Zentangle's method of creating art is unencumbered by dogma and cost which can weigh on other approaches. Nevertheless, it is sufficiently structured and organized so you can enjoy and benefit from an activity that otherwise might be considered whimsical.~Rick and Maria


Do you Zentangle?

Enjoy!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I have never seen that, sounds interesting and a fun way to relax and create.

Debbie

Stephanie Pettengell said...

I love to Zentangle too Fannie, my favourite way is to use my sewing machine.

Beth said...

Hi Fannie! Love your Zentangle! I've done line doodles for many years and I guess it can be called Zentangles. I just know that they are fun and relaxing for me! I think I need to do one soon. Thanks for sharing!

Fannie said...

It is relaxing, Debbie. If you try it, let me know what you think about the process. Thanks for visiting.

Stephanie, I haven't tried zentangle quilts yet, but I've seen some beauties and I have the project book. They would make great fabric postcards, too! Thanks for visiting.

Hi, Beth. I like doing zentangles as a warm-up exercise to my art making. Maybe I'll combine it with my morning paintings somehow. Enjoy line doodles or zentangles. Thanks for visiting!