Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aloha Mele, Mixed Media Painting on Canvas

Aloha Mele, Mixed Media Painting on Canvas, 8" x 8"
© 2012 Fannie Narte

Inspired by Picasso . . . the piece includes a preserved maile leaf, painted gold and mounted to the painting.  This piece is for sale and will be hung in the Rumley Fine Art Gallery in Kailua Kona, Hawaii.

The maile leaf grows on a vine which is made into the maile lei, a lei worn during special occasions such as weddings, graduations and proms. It is known as the “lei of royalty,” given to signify respect and honor.

Painting in the Rumley Art Gallery, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
 
Tess and Ron Rumley, the owners of the Art Gallery, let me paint in an inspiring environment for a few hours each day.  They are generous friends who have given me an experience I shall cherish forever.  I enjoy meeting their customers and visitors from the islands and China, Japan, Australia, Sweden, and the U.S. Mainland.  I'm grateful.  Thanks, Tess and Ron!

5 comments:

Jules Rushing said...

Hello my beautiful friend. This piece is as beautiful as you are. The colors are vibrant and the use of your passions and native culture a supreme.
Thank you for sharing!

WoolenSails said...

It is much more beautiful in a close up, couldn't see the details in the photo with you, but it is a nice photo of you and nice to see you enjoying yourself, doing what you love. I hope you got to see the showers last night, we missed it, but it is a beautiful night with thousands as stars tonight.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Hi, Sweet Jules! I miss you too. Wish you were here. We'd have so much fun. Thanks for all you're doing for DAFA!

Hi, Debbie. I wasn't able to see the sight last night. We went out to enjoy the star shower, but had to take cover because of the rain shower. ;-D

Jacq said...

Hi Fannie, I always enjoy seeing all the things that you are doing. Your painting is beautiful. I know that you are having a great time in Hawaii with your family.
Jacq

Kelly Warren said...

This is beautiful Fannie! And I love seeing your pretty face smiling back at me!