Friday, September 7, 2012

Friendship Series--Mixed Media--WIP

 
Untitled, Mixed Media Painting, Work in Progress, 11" x 14"
© 2012 Fannie Narte

This is my first painting (work in progress) in my Friendship Series for an upcoming exhibit at a gallery in Hawaii! 

Almost all of my paintings have around 40 to 50 layers of paint when they're finished.  This painting has about 30 layers of paint so far.  So I'm more than half done.  When I painted at the art gallery in Kona, some of the customers called me "The Hawaiian Picasso."  I know I'm not "Picasso," and I know my work can never be compared to him, but I'm grateful to have the appreciation of strangers who understand my work.  Thanks, Customers!  You know who you are.

Alo-o-ha!

Exciting! 

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hope not, you are your own unique artist and you paint with your heart and your emotions.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Thanks, Debbie. I'm grateful you understand my work and my heart. You're the BEST!

Sherry Carrigan said...

Fannie, your work continues to evolve and is more beautiful than ever. I'm in awe. It clearly shows your passion and your heart. I miss you!

Sherry Carrigan said...

Fannie, your recent work is beautiful and I from your heart. I enjoy watching your evolution. I'm in awe. You never cease to amaze me. I truly miss you.

Fannie said...

Hi, Sherry. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're well. What are you working on?