Friday, December 7, 2012

My Mother, My Daughter Greeting Card

 
© 2012 Fannie Narte

The inside of the card includes my original poem:

A mother nurtures hearts and develops wings.

A daughter speaks.  A mother listens.
A daughter cries.  A mother opens her arms.
A daughter hungers.  A mother feeds.
A daughter explores.  A mother watches.
A daughter dreams.  A mother dances.
A daughter sings.  A mother celebrates.
They dance.
They sing.
They elevate one another.
They give love.
They share love.
They are love.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful poem for your piece and a wonderful idea to give to a daughter.

Debbie

Lisa M Griffin said...

Fannie, this is just beautiful. What a gorgeous work of art and fitting tribute. It is a special relationship between a mother and her daughter(s)... and I am so thankful to have a wonderful relationship with both my mom and my daughter.
Happy Holidays.