Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grace Birdhouse Quilt

Grace Birdhouse Quilt, 10" x 18"
© 2013 Fannie Narte

Having fun with my fabric panels.  For the past week, I've been sketching ideas for using my fabric panels.  I love to use my panels in bags, totes and purses and mug rugs . . . but what else could I create?  I love birds and butterflies and anything with wings and ideas of journey and fearlessness . . . and sketched birdhouses, homes, houses, lighthouses . . . homes of all kinds, which is also a symbol I enjoy using in my art.  Home, a sense of belonging, a safe place to be . . . home . . . a feeling in the heart that gives me the freedom and gratitude to be me.

These sketches and journal entries started a new "Home" series using my fabric panels. This is the first quilt . . . my sketches and ideas come to life.  More to come . . .

If you've purchased my fabric panels, this is an example of how you can use them.  Use this as inspiration for your next project.

This quilt took less than four hours to complete.  This was easy to make.  See all the embellishment possibilities?  Once I work things out, I'll make this pattern available to my customers in my Etsy shop.  Enjoy!

Welcome Home!

2 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

Lovely Fannie!

WoolenSails said...

I really love how that came out and the idea of using the panel like that. It would be fun to design a mini quilt around the design.

Debbie