Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hope--WIP

 Hope, Work in Progress, Mixed Media on Canvas, 8x10"
© 2013 Fannie Narte

 On my mind, in my heart, on my easel:

Hope . . .

My artful life continues to shift.  When I first started this blog in 2007, I used this space to document my creative life mainly for my family.  My hope was to leave a record of my ideas, values and beliefs, to inspire them, to share what I did, to tell my story using art and words.

Over the last five years, my blog and artful life evolved to what it is today, a space where I share my art in whatever medium I choose to use to express whatever is in my heart at the moment.

In 2007, I set a goal not only to blog every day for one year, but to post a piece of art each day as well, and I accomplished that.  That was a celebration, and I continued to post every day for the next year.

I enjoyed making friends through fabric postcard exchange groups, online groups, donating my art to benefit causes I believe in.  I was blogging without a plan of any kind, posting a new work each day, writing my thoughts and sharing them publicly, always with the intent of uplifting whoever was reading my blog.

If you scroll through my blog, you'll find times when I was absent, no blog posts sometimes for weeks.  There came a time when I became curious.  Was I enjoying what I was doing?  Why was I painting what I painted?  Did I like using acrylics?  Do I really like working with fabrics and making art quilts?  Was I making art merely to make money or was I creating the kind of art that was a pure expression of my heart?  And . . . does it matter that I create heart-art?

The times when I was absent from my blog, I was present in my thoughts.  Asking questions, contemplating, changing, rethinking, changing again . . . and again.

It's easy to slip into other people's worlds, others' ideas of what should or shouldn't be when you don't know who you are, what you like.  I was there, BIG TIME.

I finally had to shut the door to all the noise and take time to rebuild my home, rebuild myself.

And here I am . . . Fannie . . . full of flaws, but living each moment as best as I can, living lovingly, truthfully, fearlessly, generously, graciously and with gratitude.

I want to create art that elevates and heals hearts and offer my art at affordable prices.

Aloha!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful post and I love that your art reflects who you are and love for others.

Debbie

Kelly Warren said...

Beautiful post, Fannie! I've struggled with the very same things and sometimes, like the past three weeks!, I've just not had the time or the energy to post to my blog. I think the best part about blogging is that you really should be able to be free to be exactly who you are and share whatever it is you feel like sharing at that point in time. I know my blog has been all over the place, as are my interests, but I finally decided that that was just all right with me. Yours share your beautiful heart in so many ways.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Debbie and Kelly. I appreciate both of your comments and steady friendship. You are loved . . . infinity. Hugs.