Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dear Journal

 Dear Journal, Oil on Canvas Panel, 8" x 8"
© 2013 Fannie Narte


My journals are filled with sketches, things to do, ideas to research, love notes to my daughters, grandchildren, husband, and other loved ones.  These are meant for my eyes only.  I work things out in my journal, questions I have, choices I need to make, decisions I've made, projects I want to start or finish . . . . sometimes I write about historical events.

On Tuesday, January 20, 2009, I wrote about the inauguration of President Barack Obama:

Dear Journal,
 
Today I heard a song that made my heart rejoice, rejoice with hope, hope for a future of values that I embrace; hope for equality for all, hope for increased generosity, hope for integrity among our leaders, hope for fair play, hope for responsibility.
 
Today I saw beauty, beauty in hopeful faces, beauty in songs of praises, beauty in the words of possibilities, beauty in community symbolized by the gathering of people in one place, representing one mind, one dream, one hope.
 
No one knows what the future holds or if promises will be kept, but today I felt the promise of the dreams of our elders, I felt the promise of the potential for a future of greatness, I felt the promise of believing in the simplicity of goodness.
 
Dear Journal, today, I felt visible.

No comments: