Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bright and Beautiful

 Bright and Beautiful, oil on canvas panel, 8"x8"
© 2013 Fannie Narte



When I saw this heart made of twigs at a local thrift store, I thought . . . hmmmm, I could place different treasured objects into it and create a simple still life to paint, and here is the first from my newest abstract series "Heart Blossoms."

A walk on the beach, a heartwarming visit with family and friends, 
shared gifts,
loving experiences,
when placed in the heart
grow into beautiful blossoms,
a treasured memory,
loving relationships,
moments that make the heart dance.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful idea to use things you see and inspire you to create something so wonderful. I just saw your previous note and I do love the colors in your acrylics. I could never get the hang of oils and plan on doing some simple pieces with acrylics from patterns I won.

Debbie

Fannie said...

Hi, Sweet Debbie!!! I add acrylic mediums to my acrylic paints to lengthen the drying time (like oils) and to add some glossy shine. I like the feel of oils, but not too happy about its toxicity. So I'm still going to explore . . . I look forward to seeing what you create from your winnings. Love the pics you post to FB. Thanks for sharing and inspiring all of us. You are loved.