Monday, September 30, 2013

Full of Love

 Full of Love, oil on gessoboard, 4"x4"
© 2013 Fannie Narte

I told my granddaughter, who is 6 years old and my art buddy, that I have one more painting to finish my 30-day challenge, and was not sure about what image to paint.  She said, :Paint what you love (I know, right?  She really did say that.) and use the colors that make you happy." 

So I told her I like to paint Ipu's.  She said, "What's that?"  So I explained they are dried gourds, like that over there.

"Oh.  Does it make you happy to paint them?"

"Yes."

"Well paint that then."

So I did and titled it "Full of Love."

"That's how much I Love you, Kiki!"


1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

That is such a sweet thing and children really do know what is really important and free in their imagination.

Debbie