Monday, September 9, 2013

Na Kupuna

 Na Kupuna, oil on canvas panel, 8"x8"
© 2013 Fannie Narte

After posting yesterday's painting "Ipu Heke," (double gourd, a Hawaiian instrument used to accompany hula kahiko (ancient hula) or oil (chant), I thought:  I should have titled that piece "Na Kupuna."  Then I thought, I can do that!  Just do another painting.

"Na Kupuna" expresses my idea of the student/teacher or parent/child, etc. relationship.  When we sit at the feet of our Kupuna (Elders), we sit to listen and learn.  Uniting in thought, word, deed and action also unites us in our relationship with one another--not for agreement of an idea or principle, but for understanding of each other's differing viewpoints and ideas and similarities.

Mahalo, Na Kupuna!  Thank you, Ma, Grandma, Grandpa, Teacher, Kumu, Aunties, Uncles, Friends . . . .

$30 -- Love Price! 

All of my paintings in this 30-Day Challenge are offered for $30 each (yes, that's correct:  $30), plus shipping and handling! That's a "Love" price!

After this 30-Day Challenge, my paintings will go back to their original offering price of $100. Enjoy!

Note: Additional shipping costs may apply to International customers.

See all of my paintings in the 30-Day Challenge here. 


No comments: