Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Royal Companion--A Peacock Purse

Blue and Red Peacock Cross-Body Purse
© 2014 Fannie Narte

New item added to my Etsy shop.  

Stippling the background took some time, and I think it was worth every second.  The tiny quilting gently pushes the peacock forward, and he becomes the focal point--the star.  Of course, a king needs to be properly dressed, so I had  to give him a crown by adding three light blue Swarovski crystals to its head.  To emphasize his beautiful cloak of feathers, I randomly added nine irridescent Swarovski crystals.

This was a fun project.  I bought other amazing Asian fabrics featuring cranes and fans, which I will turn into more "royal" purses.  Stay tuned . . .

Mahalo!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful purse and love the fabric choice.

Debbie