Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lovejoy Flourishes

Lovejoy Flourishes, Acrylic on Canvas, 18 x 24"
© 2016 Fannie Narte

Lovejoy Flourishes
at 
Christmastime

Courtesy in the checkout lines,
     Courtesy on the roadways.

A smile, a nod.

Kindnesses, patiences,
     allowances,
          unrudenesses.

Lovejoy.

This becomes more visible during the holiday season.

Lovejoy, that is.

Perhaps it's because the season represents family, giving, joyfulness . . .

A time when the volume of our minds decrease, which allows the lovejoys of our hearts to increase in volume.

That is when Lovejoy Flourishes appear.

A part of this essay is written on this painting.  I love alphabets, text, letters, words. Words are keys. They lead you or guide you to their meaning and intents.  Finding the right word to say the right thing is not always easy, and sometimes the dictionary doesn't have "that" word.  So we make one up to fit what we're trying to say. 

Such is the case with "Lovejoy."  My recent posts have been about Lovejoy mostly because that's what's been on my mind.  


My granddaughter, Kiana, (we call her "Kiki"), spent some time with me in my "Tea Room," (my studio).  We made story spools and painted and wrote stories and sketched and . . . anything and everything we could think of.  We played with paints and fabrics.

I guess "Lovejoy" was on my mind when she was here because of the note she left on my desk for me.  We had so much fun together.  Our time together was definitely "Lovejoy"!

May you experience Lovejoy with your friends and family every moment of every day.

Share Lovejoy today and every day . . .

You are loved!  Enjoy.

No comments: